Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician

P30: 1989 motor home..fuel pressure regulator..fuel tank..leaking

I have 1989 Motorhome on a p30 chassis.Their is a fuel pressure regulator near the fuel tank that is mounted to the inner frame. Mine is leaking due to a pin hole in the diaphram. I am looking for a rebuild kit or a new regulator. I'm having a problem locating either. Please help.

Thanks, Steve
Hello , my name is Joel.

After reading your post , I have put together a few pages from the service manual that should help you out. The information also applies to a 1989 chassis.

Click here for some information on your fuel system.
One of the pages shows the part number of the fuel pressure regulator you will need.

If the original part number is XXXXX available anymore , Then you may have to go to an aftermarket pressure regulator or fuel pump.

3-5 psi fuel pressure at the carburetor inlet is ideal for your motorhome. Anything over 5 psi may push past the needle and seat in the carburetor and will spill out the carburetor vent.

Let me know if you still have any concerns.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the info and the pages from the service manuel(very helpful).I spoke with the Chevy dealer today and they have been discontinued but are still available through a Chevy authorized Workhouse dealer. Looks like I'll be dropping the fuel tank but I have a better understanding of the system and my options(aftermarket/oem).

Thank you for your help, Steve Samuelson