Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Cougar: trailer..the circuit breaker box..camper

We have purchased a 2000 Keystone Cougar 21' Model 214S travel trailer. We cannot find the circuit breaker box in this camper. Where is it located? We also are not able to find the water pump. Where is it? Thank you.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe I can assist you with this. The power center is usually near the floor level and brown in color. Sometimes it is on the bed pedestal. It should be quite visable as they don't hide them like some manufacturers do. As for the pump...they put them in various places and sometimes not the same place in the same model. Check to be sure the fuses are good when you find the power center. Check to be sure you have good DC voltage with a VOM and that the converter is working and charging the batteries. If there is water in the tank, turn on a faucet and turn on the pump switch and you should hear it running. It will be next to the fresh water tank or very near and have a white or clear plastic line coming from the tank to it. Look under the sink and see if there is a panel you have to take the screws out of to see it. This is the usual place for it.
If you don't find these items, get back to me and lets try to resolve this for you. All the best, R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. That should give us a start. We will look for these items tomorrow morning and if we need further assistance, we'll be back.
Great...we can leave this open and go from there. I will be around all day. Good evening, R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. Good evening to you, too.
So have you had any luck with finding these? Let me know how its going. All the best, R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, we found both of them exactly where you said they would be. Felt really silly about the circuit breaker box - we had thought it was the heater and hadn't even checked it out! We found the water pump under the sink, closed in behind a removable panel. Thank you again for your help - it was very much appreciated. I know that I need to do something now to be sure you get paid for your expertise but since I haven't used this website before, I'm confused as to what it is. Let me know and I'll do it.
Hey, thats great! We all have to learn these things and no such thing as a dumb question. Glad I was able to help you. You need to hit the "accept" tab so I get credit for my assisting you. I will leave you feedback and yours would be appreciated as well. Please tell your friends about our service! All the best, R.J.