Jeff Myers
Jeff Myers, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Owner of an RV Repair Facility for 9 years. 12VDC and 120VAC, ALL Appliances, Any and ALL problems!
12703275

Chieftain: rebuild..John Deere chassis and Ford 460..V8

Customer Question

how much should it cost to replace or rebuild the hydroboost pump on my 1987 Winnebago Chieftain 32' with John Deere chassis and Ford 460 V8?
Category: RV
Expert:  Jeff Myers replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name is Jeff.

On average to remove, rebuild and reinstall the hydroboost on one of these coaches will run around $800.00 to $1000.00. It is not an easy task but can be done without too much cost. A reman hydroboost unit will typically cost around $350.00 to $400.00 plus labor to remove and reinstall it in the unit.

Hope this helps. If so, please hit accept so that I can get credit for my efforts.

Regards,

Jeff Myers
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you name some sources for that remanufactured hydroboost pump?
Napa Auto Parts is the resource that I have used in the past. Also, there is a website called www.rockauto.com that has them available. Your local ford dealership will also be able to get you one or at least a rebuild kit.

Thanks,

Jeff