Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Sony backup camera on my motorhome Camera model #VCB-MH3 Also

Customer Question

I have a Sony backup camera on my motorhome Camera model #VCB-MH3
Also a Sony color monitor model #VCB-MHD1
The monitor isn't working all of a sudden. Do you have any suggestion as to where I might troubleshoot this problem before I pay the high dollar at the shop?
Thank you,
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing just Answer....

Most of these back up Cameras have a in-line fuse on the back of the unit, it will be self contained in a fuse holder that you have to push and twist to access the fuse, this can sometimes be difficult with the amount of wires in the dash, the wire bundle also might be bundled up and you will have to cut any wire ties to get to the fuse. I have seen these come apart due to vibration and what you could do if that is the problem is install a blade style fuse holder and fuse... IF the camera is getting power you can go to the back cap where the camera is mounted and try tapping around the camera on the cap, if the picture comes on it is a connection problem with the camera.... hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!!