Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

A camper, wires coming out of the camper are 1 green,1 blue

Customer Question

I have to replace a thermostat in a camper, wires coming out of the camper are 1 green,1 blue, 2 white, 2 yellow, and one red. The new thermostat has 1 yellow, 1 white, 1 red, 1 gray,1 blue,and 1 green. How do the wires match up.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 5 years ago.
Hi, this is Michael, what is the thermostat for is it cool/heat, heat only, cool only, what is it operating, and what is the manufacturer of that item???????????Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The thermostat is a RVcomfort. HP model #8530a345, it is for heating ad cooling, the camper has a coleman roof air "duct"
And the new thermostat?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, the rv comfort thermostat is the new one, the old one is a coleman rvp-1 7330-335 any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976376.pdf Hi, here is a link to the wiring for the thermostat, you may need to take the bottom plentium off of the unit in the ceiling, and access the electronics package located in the front of the unit, by the evaporator, and look at the terminal on them to see what color the wires are as these wires are provided by the rv manufacturer and do not necessarily correspond color wise to the thermostat wiring..........Once you look at the document you will see what I mean.......Thanks Michael

Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience: Serving the rv industry since 1977
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tHE ROOF AIR WIRING HAVE Y=BLUE, GL=YELLOW, GH= GREEN, B=WHITE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THE AIR WIRING IS Y=BLUE, GL=YELLOW, GH= GREEN, B= WHITE

Hi, let me digest the information, and I'll get back to you later on this afternoon, its a puzzle...............Thanks..........Michael...........................

Hi, Ive chewed on this till my tongue is raw.................Something is missing.......Lets start in the beginning...............What is the model number of the Ac unit? My desk is full of diagrams I've made, and just when I think I've got it.................something is missing, I'm trying to make sure they are compatable...........Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the model # is 7333c8864, serial # XXXXX the paper work shows it is a coleman 7300 roof top air conditioner
Thanks

ok here we go 1) First find out which is 'hot' with +12volts wires comming out of wall , attatch to red wire from termostat 2) find out which is ground from wall, attatch to blue wire at thermostat 3) attatch green from wall to green at thermostat 4) attatch blue wire from wall to yellow wire at thermostat I know there are 2 send power through the yellow wires find out which one goes to Y on electronics in the ceiling, 5)Problem, the GL wire at the electronics is grey, there is no grey wire comming out of the wall, figure out which wire is that wire. you can attatch a test lead (piece of wire) to that wire, and test again at the wires comming out of the wall to see which one becomes hot at that time........As you can see there is no simple answer.............Please digest this information, try to take it one at a time the way its listed, and I realize all the wires are not being used, let me know how you do and what you find out..........................WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael