Jeff Myers
Jeff Myers, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Owner of an RV Repair Facility for 9 years. 12VDC and 120VAC, ALL Appliances, Any and ALL problems!
12703275

Chieftain: wiring..Winnebago..RV...I want to mount solar panels

Customer Question

I need a wiring plan for my 1987 Winnebago Chieftain. I specificallly need the plan for the a/c system wiring that is on the roof/ceiling of my RV. I want to mount solar panels on the roof. Tried, but I think I shorted some wires with the screws.
Category: RV
Expert:  Jeff Myers replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and help you with your problem.

I need some more information from you regarding the A/C system on the roof.

1. What is the make and model of the Air Conditioner?
2. Is it controlled by a wall thermostat or are there knobs on the bottom of the unit inside?
3. If it is a thermostat controlled unit, what is the name on the front of the tstat and a brief description of the buttons.

This information will allow be to better help you with your problem. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Jeff Myers
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1. Make and Model: Coleman Model 6759B714 (Cooling only).
2. It is controled by the knobs on the bottom of th unit inside.
3. No thermostat.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Also - It is a TSR Mach 3 - does that help?

Yes, if this is the unit that you have on your roof then the only wires that are feeding the air conditioner are the 120VAC wires that are fed in a sleeve. You can remove the inner shroud of the unit and see where the wires are feeding into the roof. There is no specific wiring diagram for your unit that I can find or anything that I have on file. These should be the only wires that are in the roof near your Air Conditioner. Hope this helps. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jeff Myers

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In asked for a schematic. You have not provided a schematic. I do not accept this reply.