RV Doctor
RV Doctor, RVIA Master Certified Technician
Experience:  Over 15 Years Experience with all brands of RV's. RVIA Master Certified and Trained. Knowledgable!!
11039926

I HAVE A 1989 FORD F250 ECONOLINE VAN HIGH TOP FALCON CAMPER.

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1989 FORD F250 ECONOLINE VAN HIGH TOP FALCON CAMPER. IT SAY'S ON THE AREA ON A STICKER UNDER THE HOOD IF THE AREA WHERE A DIVERTOR SWITCH IS ACTIVATED BY ACCIDENT THE ONE FUEL PUMP MAY NOT WORK.
I HAVE 2 TANKS AND THE FRONT ONE WORKS GREAT. I SWITCH TO THE BACK ONE AND AFTER A FEW MILES IT STARTS TO MISS AND SPUTTER AND FINALLY STALLES. AND ALSO THE FUEL GAGE ON DASH DON'T WORK. AND THE REAR TANK SEEMS AIR LOCKED BECAUSE IT WON'T TAKE GAS ??
ALSO IT HAS A BIG MOTOR AND I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT SIZE IT IS
Category: RV
Expert:  RV Doctor replied 7 years ago.

There is a fuel inertia switch that should be on firewall in front of brake and gas pedals.

It is black and has a little pop-up button that needs to pushed back down if tripped.

The engine in a 460 Ford.

The fuel system problem sounds more like a bad fuel pump/sender combo in tank.