gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

motor home..I push the switch to xtend the slideout, I hear nothing

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Condor motorhome made by R-Vision. My living room slideout will not extend. When I push the switch to xtend the slideout, I hear nothing. If the in switch is pushed, a slight motor sound is heard. I have replaced the house battery with a high cranking battery. I have two other slides in the bedroom. They both work fine. The work by cable. I have looked for a manual crank and have not been able to find one. I looked for circuit brakers and fuses to no avail.

If anyone has a wiring diagram or schematic for this vehicle, that would help a lot.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 7 years ago.
Hi, this is Michael, can you tell me the manufacturer of the slide mechinism? EX Lippert, atwood, Power gear ect.......Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Hi Mike</p><p>Its dark outside now. I know hwere the slideout control module is located on the coach. I'll get to you tomorrow</p>
http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml ck this link and see if this is the system............ Great, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.............Michael
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Michael
There is a RV motor control which is made by Kinetec and the slideout motor itself. I cant get a name on the motor only the part number. There is a switch on the motor that is marked break and end.

George
http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml click on this link to ck if this is your system................................Michael And where is the motor located, under the coach? Above the slide?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the motor is located under the coach. by the way, I tried to extend the slide a few days ago and it went out with no problem. I did some work in the coach and retracted the slide to make sure nothing was binding. I then tried to extend the slide and again, nothing. I could get the slide all the way in with no problems but I cant get it to go out. If I push the out side of the switch I hear nothing, pushing the in side I heaar the motor.
First thing to do is remove the switch, and see if the fault lies there, how many terminals are on the switch?