technotony, RV Mechanic
Experience:  15 years specializing in all electrical problems, generators, inverters, converters, etc.

awning will not release

Customer Question

awning will not release
Category: RV
Expert:  technotony replied 7 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX you give us some more information on the awning?

About what year is it?

Is this awning new to you or has this just started happening?

What make is the awning, there may be a tag at the bottom of one of the arms?

Are you trying to open or close the awning?

Tony C.

Ok then, I still don't know the year but let me ask, do you unlock it with the pole that has a hook on the end or is the unlock lever on the right upright arm?

If I am telling you things you already know I am sorry but I have no way of knowing. Here are the things to do for all years of awning, you may not have some of this. First unscrew the two black knobs behind the uprights on ether side. You may have a locking lever on each upright that you pull to the side to release the inner upright from the outer upright. Then unlock the roller drum by using the pole and reaching up on the right side of the roller and pulling the lever down to the open position. Or on the newer ones you may have an unlocking lever on the side of the right upright. I think this one you pull down to release. Now grab the strap in the middle of the awning with your hook and pull it open.

If this is not what you needed let me know please, I am assuming that there is nothing wrong with the awning at this point and you just need help opening it. If it is not that and it is jammed or something, let me know and I will work with you one it.

Thank you for using Just Answer and me, Tony C. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you are happy with my efforts please hit accept, hitting accept is the only way we get paid.

Thanks again