Nick
Nick, RVIA Certification
Experience:  5 years RV repair and reconstruction, Fleetwood RV Training course completion.
10390867

2004 alfa seeya main slide out motor

Customer Question

2004 alfa seeya main slide out motor
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

Not sure which motor Alfa uses but I may be able to help you with a little troubleshooting. What can be done to verify the motor is bad is hook up 12 volts directly to the motor and see if the room moves in and out. This can be done by cutting the wires at the motor and getting some jumper wires hooked to a good 12 volt battery such as a car battery or the house battery in the coach. IF the room moves it is not the motor. Normally an electric motor for a slide room will have a motor, control box (which may have fuses and relays) and the switch. The controller should be marked and can be located in several areas. IF the motor works when hooked up directly then I would get a test light and probe all the fuses in the house distribution box and check for power at the motor.. I have run into this before with some slide motors. The manufacturer could have made it's own design and it is hard to obtain any info, the motor should have a sticker or markings to indicate the manufacturer of the motor... I hope this helps and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thank You!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
RV help, thanks for your reply, but he's already sure that it's the motor(mechanic mentioned in optional info tested to be sure). I was looking for info specific to that motor-without removing the motor first-was hoping to be able to point him in the direction of resources to either repair or replace the slide motor. He won't be able to pull the motor out until next week, would be nice to find resources before having motor in hand.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

OK

There are other RV experts that come on daily and one of them might have some detailed information. SO I will opt out of the question and this will allow other RV experts to respond, I do not know when another expert will contact you..

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks a lot. I'm sorry if my question wasn't detailed enough. As mentioned, I'm actually trying to help out my brother in law (who has been very good to me) and would gladly pay to be able to save him some time and stress over this.
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.
hi..
i believe, i am 99% sure, alpga used RBW for their slide rooms... unfortunately, RBW no longer around... they were bought by al-ko industries....
however.... fear not.. a little digging, and i think i have found what your looking for..
http://www.rbwstore.com/Alfa-Leisure_c_7.html

that should be what he needs.....

Thankyou for your question.. please remember this is the answer page and to click accept if you are satisfied with my answer so i get paid for my efforts.. Please also note, accepting my answer does not terminate our correspondance, you may continue to reply after accepting and i will work with you until the problem is solved.
thankyou and please let me know if you require further assistance.....

:Nick:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nick thanks for your reply. Was leaving a message that I wouldn't be available until today when lightning hit & we lost power. I think that your answer is probably what he is looking for but now he's out of town and unreachable. I should be able to talk to him no later than Friday. If you're 100% sure on this I can accept now. If you know of other resources in case they don't have the motor he needs, that would be very much appreciated. Will check back with you in 15 min. & if no answer I'll check back again by 8 tonight. Thanks-it's hard to help someone without details or input from them.
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.

i am 99% sure thats what he needs.. unless alpha switched motors on me during that year.. unfortunately with them being long out of business there is no way to confirm this until get in there and look...
i dont know of any other place to get them from since the company actually out of business now, but i will ask around and see if i can come up with somewhere else, ill ask our parts guy tomorrow at work....

Nick, RVIA Certification
Experience: 5 years RV repair and reconstruction, Fleetwood RV Training course completion.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nick, I accepted your answer. Won't know if it's helpful for a few days. I can't afford to pay for another answer (I'm not in the same financial place as the rv owner ;0) but I would appreciate it if you would still ask your parts guy and let me know. Hopefully that will be considered as part of this answer??? Thanks a bunch. Robin
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.
no problem yes.. you dont need to pay per answer... its all good... i will work with you until problem solved.. if it not the right motor, let me know, and i will try my best to find out more.. we have a couple alphas on the lot, one has been sold so i cant really start digging into that one, but the other maybe... if i have to (they wouldnt like it so would be on the side if i did) so yeah let me know and we can figure it out if need be but dont worry about having to accept again.. but im sure it is rbw
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nick, You rock. Will get back with you as soon as I'm able to pass on the info you gave me. Hopefully he won't need anything else, but if he does-I'll fess up to using this service and give him your name. Robin
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.
well just a quick follow up.. i spoke to our parts guy and he said most were rbw as i said, but can only get them from rbw, which is where i gave you.. so im afraid thats his only option.....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for checking. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will have what he needs and will also give him your name if he needs additional help. Robin
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.
no problem...