technotony
technotony, RV Mechanic
Experience:  15 years specializing in all electrical problems, generators, inverters, converters, etc.
8442459

FUSE PANEL..(LOW VOLTAGE) A 1996 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE MOTOR HOME

Customer Question

WHERE IS THE FUSE PANEL FOR THE HOT WATER HEATER AND FURNACE ON (LOW VOLTAGE) A 1996 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE MOTOR HOME
Category: RV
Expert:  technotony replied 5 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX you know the make and model of your hot water heater and Furness?

The hot water heater usually has a fuse inside the access door outside; you may find an inline fuse or a fuse on the black control module.

The Furness also could have a fuse inside the cover on the control board.

Did you look at your house 12vdc fuse panel yet? I am sure you did.

These fuses don't normally blow out. What is happening that makes you want to find them, is there something I can help with.

Thanks again,

Tony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI TONY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS I HAVE PASTED THEM BELOW

Hi, my name isXXXXX you know the make and model of your hot water heater and Furness? ATWOOD / ATWOOD

The hot water heater usually has a fuse inside the access door outside; you may find an inline fuse or a fuse on the black control module. THE INLINE FUSES ARE OK. THE PROBLEM IS I BELIEVE I HAVE A PROBLEM AT THE (LOW VOLTAGE FUSE PANEL) I DONT HAVE THE OPERATORS MANUAL.. SO I AM TRYING TO LOCATE THIS ON THE COACH...... THE YEAR OF THE MOTOR HOME IS 1997 FOUR WINDS / THOR / HURRICANE

The Furness also could have a fuse inside the cover on the control board. THE INLINE FUSE SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE AS WELL.......

Did you look at your house 12vdc fuse panel yet? I am sure you did.THATS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR AND ITS NOT IN THE SAME LOCATION AS THE 110 BOX

These fuses don't normally blow out. What is happening that makes you want to find them, is there something I can help with. NO VOLTAGE TO THE SPARK IGNITER ON EACH OF THE WATER HEATER AND THE FURNACE

Thanks again,

Tony

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

DAN C

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks again,

Tony

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

DAN C

Hi Dan, I am so sorry; I did not get a notice on your first reply. Computers!!!!

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is you are looking for your 12vdc fuse panel for the house fuses is that correct?

I know you looked in the same area as the 110vac panel. I am not positive where it is but I do know you motor home. Did you look in the bays? It is not very big. All I can think of at this time is in the bay, under the hood, or near the batteries and converter. These are the most likely places.

Honestly I don't know if your problem is going to be a fuse. Hot water heaters and furnaces are not usually fused in the house panel. Did you look to see if you have power to the hot water switch? Just saying.

Tony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TONY

Honestly I don't know if your problem is going to be a fuse. Hot water heaters and furnaces are not usually fused in the house panel. Did you look to see if you have power to the hot water switch? Just saying.NO POWER TO HOT WATER 12 SWITCH.......NO POWER TO FURNACE 12V SWITCH.......THE REAST OF THE COACH IS FINE THATS WHY I THOUGHT IT WAS 12V FUSE...HOWEVER IN LINES FUSES ARE OK.

THANKS

DAN

Boy this is a puzzle. You are correct; if you have no 12vdc to the hot water switch or the furnace then you must have a fuse out someplace. Did you find the house fuses yet? We cannot do anything till we find the house fuses. Sometimes they are close to the floor behind a brown steel door. I don't think you have on but you can look.