Bill Gibbs
Bill Gibbs, RVIA Certification
Experience:  18 years in this field with 5 years as Service Manager, 4 1/2 as Lead Tech and own my own business.

2004 Diplomat: the 2 chassis batteries and when I..negative cable

Customer Question

In my 2004 Diplomat I have replaced the 2 chassis batteries and when I reconnect I find I have two (2) "white" wire looms---one has 3 wires the other has 4 wires. I know the "4" wire connects to the negative cable end I'm not sure about the "3" wire and I'm afraid to connect to the wrong cable end however, I think it connects to the negative also...can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Bill Gibbs replied 7 years ago.
Customer I guess the best way for you to find out would be to use a volt meter that has ohms and using that scale hook to the wires you have in question one at a time and see if they have continuity when you touch them and ground and if they do they are negative wires. If there is no connection then they are to the positive side. I hope this helps,Bill
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This does not help me!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was disappointed in your service as I was able to contact Monaco direct and they gave me the answer I was looking for-----they told me the "3-wire" is to be connected to the negative post of the battery. Simple as that! It corrected my problem. I was a bit disappointed in the answer received from your tech as it didn't answer my direct question.