Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Titan: slideout..slow..5 or 6 seconds then it slowly engages and comes

I have a 2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWFS. My large slideout extends with no problem but is very slow in coming back in. I press the button and nothing happens for 5 or 6 seconds then it slowly engages and comes in normally. I am always using land power, not the camper battery.

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer!!!

This could be a sign that the motor is getting weak. Most electric slide motors have an internal clutch inside the motor and over time they can become worn down. Since it works good one way and not the other would lead me to believe it is a problem with the motor. What you can try is to find the 12 volt wiring to the motor and use a good 12 volt battery to see if the room moves the same way, pretty much you are eliminating everything else from the coach and just trying to run the motor. IF the motor behaves the same way I would suggest to replace it. Also if you have any rails on the bottom of the room you can try to spray them down with some silicone spray to see if it improves.. IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thank you!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!