Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

A 1991 Cobra Sandpiper 28 PT model camper and I have a busted pipe

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Cobra Sandpiper 28' PT model camper and I have a busted pipe under my bath tub. I need to know how to fix it. Please help me.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer..

IS this leak from the drain piping? IS this a shower or an actually bathtub?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a water line with continous flow. so I'm not sure if it is a hot or cold water line.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know how to repair water lines I just can't get to where this one is at with out tearing my camper apart. Please help me!!!

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

OK

ON your shower where you turn on the hot and cold water there may be a plastic cover that is removable to access the fittings for the lines. I would first gain access to these fittings. It is possible that it is leaking from this area, sometimes the rubber o-rings got worn out and replacing them would take care of the issue. The most important part is finding the leak so you know which section needs to be replace. IF you have a sink in the same area, the plumbing lines from the sink may run to the shower, in this case any line covers on the floor will have to be removed. IF you find the section that is cracked you can splice in a new line with a quest style fitting. The last plumbing lines I replaced on a shower I was able to pull the line through the shower valve access, and fish the new line down to meet the section where I had cut it. Most home improvement stores should carry the fittings and the line to do the repair. I do not have a break down for you this is an older unit. There is one place you can try that is a manual exchange. I have received good input from other rv owners that have used it.You can click HERE to view. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other concerns or comments. I just received your last comments and please let me know if this was not helpful.

Thank You!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive fedback and BONUS welcomed!!!
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for all of your time and I really apreciate everything that you have done. My best wishes to you.

Thank you!!!

Smile

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there any way that I can get an owners manual and a blue print for my 1991 26' Cobra Sandpiper model PT? Please let me know and I will really appreiciate it. I am willing to pay for it. Please reply
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi Again..

I have searched and talked to other experts and have not been able to find a manual for your unit. I still believe you will have some luck trying that manual exchange. Also there are some very good books out that explain how to test different systems and components for a RV'er. IF you need some recommendations please let me know. Also I found one re-call for your unit. This may be helpful in case a situation comes up and would save time finding the issue. Below is the information. I hope this helps, IF I do find any more information I will make sure to send it your way..

Make: COBRA Model: SANDPIPER
Model Year: 1991
Manufacturer: COBRA INDUSTRIES, INC.Mfr's Report Date: AUG 21, 1995
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 95V169000 N/ANHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
Potential Number of Units Affected: 43330
Summary:
 THE CHASSIS HARNESS IS NOT PROPERLY SECURED TO THE FRAME OF THE TRAILER OR IS IMPROPERLY ROUTED OVER THE AXLE.
Consequence:
 THE WIRING CAN BE PINCHED OR CUT BETWEEN THE FRAME AND AXLE CAUSING LOSS OF CONTROL OR TOTAL BRAKE FAILURE OF THE TRAILER OR FIFTH WHEEL.
Remedy:
 COBRA INDUSTRIES HAS GONE OUT OF BUSINESS. THE CORRECTION WAS TO TIGHTEN THE SLACK IN THE CHASSIS WIRE HARNESS AND SECURE THEM TO THE FRAME OF THE TRAILER WITH A SINGLE EYE WIRE LOOP.
Notes:

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!