Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

would like to know how to get my aqua magic commmode apart

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer..

There are several models of the Aqua Magic... Aurora, IV, Galaxy or Starlite.. IF you know the model it would help me provide a more accurate answer for you. Also what are you trying to accomplish? Are you just trying to remove the toilet or replace a part?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the commode is a thetford, the problem is no water comes out when you step on it. down where the peddels are there is a part#08420 serial#050552, i need to remove the top section to get to the gutts.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Hi again..

Below should be a break down of the toilet. I would repair this on the bench, it will be much easier. One thing you will need is a new toilet seal, you run the risk of the toilet leaking if you use the old seal. I would suspect a issue with the ball valve if the pedal has tension. There should be a side cover to access this. One tool that will greatly help is a 1/2 " gear wrench or ratchet wrench to help get the lower mounting nuts off. Once the nuts are removed the toilet should be able to be pulled out.. Make sure you shut off the water supply, some manufacturers will put a inline valve to the toilet, if not you will have to shut off the water pump or city water.. I will also look with the numbers provided to see if that turns anything up... Below is the breakdown of a Thetford Aqua Magic. Also Thetford has a breakdown of the parts for the toilet which also describes location. IF you click HERE you can view this.

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!!