Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

my black water holding tank is clogged how do I deal with this

my black water holding tank is clogged how do I deal with this problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 8 years ago.
Hi, this is Michael. Question first, do you live in it full time, without moving much. Or do you maintain the tank and dump after each use???????????
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in it full time but I only purchased it two weeks ago
Ok, whats happening, is that (GOING TO BE GRAPHIC) The waste is piling up because it doesnt move. And probably wasnt in good shape when you got it.....SSSSOOOO......Another question, is it topping up the toilet, or just not able to come thru the valve?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is topping up the toilet

Expert:  Michael Reush replied 8 years ago. Here is the link to the attatchment Nasty stuff, The way this is done to get to the problem is to get a wet vac and suck the waste to a point where you can deal with the problem . Sometimes folks will call a rooter in to accomplish this. They will vacum out nearly all of the waste, then we can deal with the problem.......Once the waste is managable, we can find out if the tank is impacted with waste.......If it is it will need to be taken out and replaced, If not, A unit that is available to dump and has a hose attatchment on it can be used to unplug the stopper so to speak, get it to drain and here again see exactly whats going on, let me see if I can find one