Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

I have a 1984 Allegro / GM 454/ p-30 chassis. The ...

Customer Question

I have a 1984 Allegro / GM 454/ p-30 chassis. The alternator went out while out on a trip, went to auto parts store and repalced. The new one charges but doesn''t seem right, the pulley on it is a little off from the crank & air pump pulleys causing the belt to be in a bind and squeals. There is no way to shim it. I need to find the part # XXXXX the factory alternator.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 8 years ago.
Hi, this is Michael, Sometimes its difficult to get the correct parts for motorhomes becasue the parts listings are not correct, and depends on what the manufacturer did at that time. Try Tiffin Motorhomes in Redbay Alabama the manufacturer, maybe they can give you the information or lead you to the source.................I hope this helps. If so please accept the answer Thank you Michael
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Already have an email request to a service specialist at Tiffin, just hopede to get a quicker answer to get back on the road...thanks anyway
Sorry, without actually being there and having eyes on Thats my best recommendation. If it helps you please use the accept button.......Thanks Michael