Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Fuel filter..a 2005 Bounder RV on a workhorse chasis with chev vortec

fuel filter is on a 2005 Bounder RV on a workhorse chasis with chev vortec, 8.1 engine
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

Are you looking for a place that carries this fuel filter?

Thanks, RJ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, other than workhorse who are 120 miles to the nearest place. need alternate brand and part number that would take the place of the workhorse part #w0004996 or w00010883.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

OK

I can do some research today. Where are you located and is it an issue having it shipped to you? I should be able to tell at the shop if any national chains like napa carry this.

Thanks, RJ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am located in Fallon, Nv. I would like to be able to get at a local auto parts house like Napa or Kraegen or AutoZone. but shipping would be ok if from another state so could avoid sales tax, which would help pay for shipping.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

OK

I will do my best to see what I can do. I will contact you later this afternoon, I am on the west coast.

Thanks, RJ

Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

OK

No luck going through any of those stores. Tried to cross reference the numbers and nothing comes up. One thing I was going to ask and I should have earlier, Does this fuel filter have 3 ports on it? It should be in the rear mounted on the frame rail. I have changed this style before and there was some confusion, I was handed a two port filter and the one I needed for the workhorse had 3 ports.

Thanks, RJ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it does have 3 ports. The local parts places said the chev 8.1 engine in the chev trucks only have two ports, which they stock, but the workhorse does have 3 ports. Do any of the chain parts places have a 3 port filter part number that will replace the workhorse one??
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

OK

I had a feeling it was the three port. I was able to find an RV supplier that carries it. I need to get you the contact information today, I wanted to be sure first. This way if you give them a call you have more options. This is a special filter and that is why it is so hard to track down, I will contact you later.

Thanks, RJ

Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

OK

Here is the information I have for you When you call make sure you ask for Parts. Also explain to them this is the 3 port filter. Hopefully this will give you more options, In Oregon there is no sales tax but not sure if they charge an out of state fee. I hope I have been helpful, IF you have anymore questions or Concerns please feel free to contact me. Below is the Company name and a toll free number.

Guaranty RV

1-800-379-5332

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.