Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

We have a 2005 Clio 1.4 16v it does not always want to

Customer Question

HI We have a 2005 Clio 1.4 16v it does not always want to start. there no set pattern on when it does not want to start. everytime is a gues. but when I pump the petrol pedal a couple of times while the ignition turning it will start after about 5 tries.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Hi i don't know what's a gas hog? i don't smell petrol when it start so i don't think its flooded. is more a case of not enough petrol in the system. the engine swing as if its not firing. secondly i did replace the fuel filter already
JA: What is the model of your '05 Renault?
Customer: 2005 clio vavavoom 1.4lt
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Replaced the plugs, all filters and air cleaners , fuel filter. that's all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did not replace the fuel pump
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

Hi im kevin you need to replace crankshaft position sensor it is extremely common on these to cause your issue .the part needs to come from renault as it comes with a piece of loom that also needs to be replaced

Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

Please rate my service