Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I'm Kristian. My renault scenic II 2005 opend then when

Customer Question

Hi, i'm Kristian. My renault scenic II 2005 opend then when i out the key in and pressed start everything shut off. Now i can only open doors and turn on the warnings. I had a few days had a the starter fused replaced due to the same problem but i have been and checked evefy fuse i can find, in the car, under the bonnet and on the battery. They all check good and the battery functions fine too. I dunno what else it could be?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Nope
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: No dashboafd lights and the car is a stop and start button startef nlt a key starter
JA: Anything else I can tell the Renault Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The battery i bought late last year
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before on several models needing replaced.If this switch has not been checked/replaced at all this needs done.If found to be at fault it will need replaced.I would also check the power feed connections into the fuse panels for any loose,damaged or corroded connections needing repaired or replaced for this fault here.If the connections are all o.k. then the ignition switch itself needs tested to see if it needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete