martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained

Parking brake fault on dash turns over fine but won't

Customer Question

Parking brake fault on dash turns over fine but won't let me pull away as though the brake has seized
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I've been told it may need a new brake motor but I can't drive it to get to garage
JA: Anything else I can tell the Renault Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Renault
Expert:  martin jones replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem,first off, what model Renault do you have also what year and size engine,please advise kindest regards martin.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Renault grand scenic 1.6 2005
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried the emergency release handle in the rear of the car as well
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there, this is very strange as the emergency handbrake lever/cord in boot should bypass the handbrake, it sounds like you have a motor stuck on, not uncommon, to get it to a garage you are either going to have a breakdown truck take your car to a dealer...or if you can jack up the car and see which wheel is seized or both, once this is done you can undo the electric motor and cable, this should disengage the offending brake, hope this helps kindest regards ***** ***** you have any more issues please get back to me..