350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Beng Hons Engineering degree, 20 yrs of expierience in the Auto industry half of that in F1
12772297

Megane wont start message reads card reader fault

Customer Question

Category: Renault
Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

A dirty or broken keycard reader can cause such problems. You could try vacuuming it - sometimes fluff or dust gets trapped inside. Failing that it's time to remove the reader unit out and either get it repaired or replaced.
and there's a microswitch which detects the card position which can stick so once you have the reader out its well worth trying to clean the switch

Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Also the keys themselves can develop a fault

and this firm have a good reputation for repairing them

http://keyrepair.co.uk/

Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you