GazzaR1964
GazzaR1964, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a self employed mechanic and MOT tester for almost 30 years.

Renault Scenic 1.9DCI: Hi Renault scenic 2005 1.9CDI. The dashboard

Hi Renault scenic 2005 1.9CDI. The dashboard has suddenly gone blank, I mean nothing there, the car starts and runs ok and it seems everything else is functioning. Any ideas.

thanks
Selwyn
Category: Renault
Expert:  GazzaR1964 replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon and thank you very much for your question.

This is a well known problem with Renault Scenic models made between 2004 and 2006. Sadly, the only way to repair this is to have the dashboard replaced.

However, the problem was highlighted on the BBC Watchdog program a few years ago, and because of this, Renault UK have agreed to subsidize the replacement of the electronic dashboard. If you contact Renault customer services, they should be able to advise you of what to do.

The free phone number for Renault customer services is 0800 72 33 72, or you can email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
You will probably need your vehicle identification number when you phone them. You can find this on your V5 log book.

Please follow the following link for more information from BBC Watchdog about this:

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/consumer-rights-television-programmes/7561-bbc-watchdog-renault-gets-lost-scenic-route.html

I hope this answers your question, but if you need any further help, please feel free to reply to this answer.

Regards, Gary.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi that renault customer services number is XXXXX a recognised number. can you double check that for me.

Thank you

Selwyn

Hi Selwyn.

It looks like they have ditched the free number and replaced it with the following:
0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Sorry for any confusion.
Regards, Gary.
GazzaR1964, Auto Mechanic
Experience: I have been a self employed mechanic and MOT tester for almost 30 years.
Hi Selwyn.
Once again, thank you very much for your question. I hope that you were happy with my answer and that your Scenic is now running well. If you have more questions, you can ask me directly — that's what I'm here for!
Best regards, Gary.