Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics

Renault Koleos: I have a renault kolos and the rearlower tailgate

I have a renault kolos and the rearlower tailgate does not open when I operate the lever
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer Renault -

Mike :

My name isXXXXX happy to help you with this issue... Can you please tell me what you have tried / done already re the fault you have ?

Mike :

Im not receiving any reply from you so I will release the Live Chat session - When you come back on line, please just type your reply here - when I receive it , I will get back to you asap thereafter... The more info you can give me , the better I can help you - Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer:

I have tried nothing I can open the top tail gate but the lever on the lower tailgate only moves normally but does not de latch the lower tail gate

Mike :

Hello again... are you on line now?

Mike :

Ok - I have to switch us out of the live chat session to the QA system.. I will type your reply there...

Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Ray -

Ok, re this issue that you have - the usual fault is breakage of the cable either at the handle end or, and more usually , at the "latches" end..

It really is going to be a case of removing the paneling (its just press clipped on ) - remove the paneling and check it that way -

If the cable is indeed broken - that is the answer and it will to be replaced .. I suggest check at the handle end first ....

If the cable is intact - then the latch/s is the issue - sometimes they seize / stick badly - and often if thats the case - tugging rhythmically on the cable handle while someone else pulls rhythmically pushing and pulling on the gate - will often release it. Then a good Wd40 often is all thats needed on the latch,...

So it really is a case of checking through to see exactly what has occurred with your particular one - Its rare that a latch fails / breaks at all -
If you cannot get the gate to open at all - you will need to remove the panel to access the inside to unlatch the latches manually - once open, its easier to deal with then.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.