Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

Renault clio 1.2: my rear o/side brake light not working have

my rear o/side brake light not working have changed bulb think its wiring fault can u help

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

Are you having trouble with the CHAT service / system?

Mike :

Im not receiving any reply from you - I will give it two more mins - then If I dont hear from you , I will switch us out of CHAT into the QA system...

Customer:

my brake light not working have changed bulb could be earth fault new bulb worked when i fitted the wrong way

Mike :

Ah hello -

Mike :

Are you fitting a single or twin filament bulb?

Customer:

twin filament

Mike :

ok - do you have your old bulb handy?

Mike :

the one you removed?

Customer:

yes

Mike :

Its very common for people to try to fit a wrong bulb type - so first, we need to verify a couple of things -

Mike :

Good - first then - as there are model variations - is the original bulb a 2 filament bulb?

Customer:

its not the bulb as i moved the plug connecter & the bulb worked but it didnt stay on for long

Mike :

Oh right - I wasn't aware of that - In that case, you have a problem with the connector - either, the wire / plug connector to the lamp unit - or, the connectors to the bottom of the bulb... Its a case of cleaning up the connectors thoroughly - and best to use a spray cleaner on them - ( contact cleaner - Not Wd40 )... and if thats all it is - that will usuallu cure such a fault.

Customer:

ok cheers XXXXX XXXXX i will try that thanks

Mike :

No problem - thats the way. If you do need anything more, get back to me. Meantime, please click on the Accept for me now at this point, Thank You..