Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

Renault clio 1.2: my rear o/side brake light not working have

my rear o/side brake light not working have changed bulb think its wiring fault can u help
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

Are you having trouble with the CHAT service / system?

Mike :

Im not receiving any reply from you - I will give it two more mins - then If I dont hear from you , I will switch us out of CHAT into the QA system...

Customer:

my brake light not working have changed bulb could be earth fault new bulb worked when i fitted the wrong way

Mike :

Ah hello -

Mike :

Are you fitting a single or twin filament bulb?

Customer:

twin filament

Mike :

ok - do you have your old bulb handy?

Mike :

the one you removed?

Customer:

yes

Mike :

Its very common for people to try to fit a wrong bulb type - so first, we need to verify a couple of things -

Mike :

Good - first then - as there are model variations - is the original bulb a 2 filament bulb?

Customer:

its not the bulb as i moved the plug connecter & the bulb worked but it didnt stay on for long

Mike :

Oh right - I wasn't aware of that - In that case, you have a problem with the connector - either, the wire / plug connector to the lamp unit - or, the connectors to the bottom of the bulb... Its a case of cleaning up the connectors thoroughly - and best to use a spray cleaner on them - ( contact cleaner - Not Wd40 )... and if thats all it is - that will usuallu cure such a fault.

Customer:

ok cheers XXXXX XXXXX i will try that thanks

Mike :

No problem - thats the way. If you do need anything more, get back to me. Meantime, please click on the Accept for me now at this point, Thank You..

Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics