Mobilemick
Mobilemick, Technician
Experience:  Mobile auto electrician over 20 yrs experience
11319957

54 megane..bulbs, the fuses, and the brake switch, all are ok

i have a 54 megane, 1.4. the brake lights have stopped working, however the high leval brake light still works. ive tried the bulbs, the fuses, and the brake switch, all are ok,. i have removed the light cluster for signs of damp or corrosion, but again it seems ok, but also the reverse lights which are on the same cluster do work, what do you suggest, many thanks....
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mobilemick replied 2 years ago.
If the high level brake light is working, then the brake switch is working fine,

If it was a earth fault, then none of the other lights would work,

Can you check all the bulbs in the light cluster, had customer changing the wrong bulbs..
Mobilemick, Technician
Experience: Mobile auto electrician over 20 yrs experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont feel this answer is helpful as the solutions you have given are only reiterating the information i have already provided you i thought you would provide an alterative to checks i have already made and informed you of.

Check you are getting power to the Orange wire on the back of the light cluster,
Press the brake pedal down, and you should have 12volts on the orange wire.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i would appreciate it if you could get a wiring diagram, as ive tried all other options,.
Have you checked to see if you are getting power to the orange wire on the rear of the light cluster, A wiring diagram would only show you this..
Block 94 is the drivers side tail light, the black wire (pin3) is earth, and the orange wire (pin4) is live from brakelight switch
Reverse light switch is the blue wire(pin1)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes there is power to the orange wire on both sides........

Ok thats good, it shows the wiring is fine,
If you remove the circuit board and trace the silver part going to the brake bulb, check you are getting power there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no power on the silver part of the board that goes to the brake lights
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there power on any of the other silver parts,
Mobilemick, Technician