Mobilemick
Mobilemick, Technician
Experience:  Mobile auto electrician over 20 yrs experience
11319957

spanner and service lights on my kangoo 1.5 diesel 58 plate

How do I reset the spanner and service lights on my Kangoo 1.5 diesel 58 plate

Thank you for choosing Justanswer...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you.

You will need to turn the ignition on and press the mileages reset button and then keep pressing the brake pedal, this should reset your service light.

Regards
Jake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for delay in replying - time is tight to experiment with the vehicle as it is constant use. I did however do exactly what you suggested this morning and it did nothing. First I held the reset button in and held it whilst switching the ignition on and pumped break for over 20 seconds. Then I tried the same effort by switching on the ignition first then pressing button and holding whilst pumping pedal. Nothing happened. So this method did not work. Are you able to help or should I be entitled to a refund of £11 that I paid this service?

I do apologize that method did not work. For some reason they use several different methods on the renualt kangoo's. Has your kangoo got the trip computer fitted?

Regards
Jake
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If you are referring to the digital statistics that become available when pressing the button at the end of the wiper arm, yes

If you look at the picture above this should tell you how to reset your service light, If this does not work let me know as I think there is one more way of doing it.

Thanks
Jake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm afraid that this answer doesn't make sense, and even when I try it, it does nothing. Please let me explain again what I have on my dashboard. I have a spanner flashing and the word SERV permanently on. I have had the service last week and the mechanic has checked the diagnosis system and everything is fine. He just doesn't know how to reset the lights. After the last service that he done a few months ago on the car I reset the lights after he'd gone. I just cannot recall how I did it. It was more by luck, and as I did it I could not recall exactly what I'd done to fix it! I'm sure it had something to do with holding the reset button in while turning the key on.

If you could try pressing and holding the reset button, turn the ignition on, then release and press the button again followed by pumping the brake pedal several times. If this does not work let me know and I will have to let another expert assist you

regards
Jake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry that is not the solution. I didn't pump the brakes last time I did it and have just tried your method now and it failed. Sorry. After all the effort you have given I wish we had the solution.
HI,

I do apologize that none of the above methods have worked, I will now opt out so as another expert can hopefully assist and get your light extinguished

Thanks
Jake
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Though the expert was helpful, the solutions he offered were not the correct one.
This is the info we use for resetting the service light, is it similar to yours.
Mobilemick, Technician
Experience: Mobile auto electrician over 20 yrs experience