Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

Renault Grand Scenic: How do I get rid of the "Check Parking

How do I get rid of the "Check Parking Brake" warning light message on my Renault Scenic 2006?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Can you give me some detail on this - ie, whats been done / any work etc etc ?

Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Renault Grand Scenic 2006 1.6 ltr car had its front brake pads, drive shaft gator and track rod end all replaced yesterday as a requirement to pass the mot. The "Check Parking Brake" warning light came on after the work was done and the car had passed the mot.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again...

Ok - This may well depend on if the proper procedures were utilised when all the work was done - to the brakes system...

Basically though - assuming there are no faults in the system - and none have been caused ... then the normal procedure to extinguish the message you have is, make sure the battery is FULLY charged... then , Start the Engine... and then Manually engage and dis engage the PARK brake ...continually until the light / message goes out indicating the system is reset.

IF it wont reset, its more than likely that proper procedures have not been carried out while doing the work - and this has caused a problem which will need Renault diagnostic equipment plugging in to trace / sort out.. We see this a lot these days Im afraid..

So try the above first yourself..and then go from there as above as / if necessary.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Let me know if you need anything else..

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE
Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics