Renault_Service
Renault_Service, Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience on older model Renaults
14892859

Renault clio: overheating

Customer Question

Hi Ive got a 2000 1.1 renault clio that overheats we've put a new water pump in new thermostat and new temp sensor. the top hose on the rad gets warm but the bottom is cold. any ideas what this could be? temperature gauge fluctuates also.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Renault_Service replied 4 years ago.

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question. When fitting new parts into the cooling system (water pump/thermostat/etc, the number one cause of overheating, and the hose temperatures you describe is air pockets trapped in the cooling system when the coolant is reintroduced into the engine. The air pockets tend to migrate to the water pump area. The water pump will not pump air, the air present in the pump area tends to cavitate, as opposed to pumping the coolant. I would suggest that you bleed the air from the cooling system.