Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

2001 Renault: one of the back passenger doors will not open, how do I

I have a 2001 Renault Clio (Yreg), one of the back passenger doors will not open, how do I open it?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Can you tell me what you have tried so far...

Too - has anything been caught in the door latch - clothing / seat belt etc...?

Will it open from the inside / out... ? How do the handles "feel"..if you understand me - ie, loose etc ?

Rgds - MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried to open from and out, but no joy. Nothing caught in the door latch, just feels like dead lock on the door. Remote locks and unlocks all doors and boot. Handles fel ok
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, thank you for your reply and info..

Ok - in that case, Im afraid the inner door panel has to come off to gain access to the mechanisms inside the door to trace the fault / cause..and then fix it from there..

There is no other way Im afraid - and its not easy with the door closed as you will see..

A tip is to remove the rear bench seat - that will give you more access considerably and move the front seat right forward... Then you need to remove the panel as mentioned- then you can see the mechanism and can manually un latch the latch to open the door..

Once the door is opened - you can check it out and trace / see whats causing the problem clearly.

It can be one of several things - broken cables / latches etc....but you will find it once in there and be able to get the parts you need to fix it then... So thats the way forward on this one now..

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further.....

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.
Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics