Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

Renault Megane: The automatic transmission warning light comes

The automatic transmission warning light comes on intermittnetly on my Megane 3 speed automatic car. It's also a bit clunky until it warms up. I took it to a garage who have told me it could be an electrical fault. Any ideas please?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Customer:

Hi.

Mike :

Hello - Did the garage do any plug in diagnostic tests at all ?

Mike :

- Did the garage do any plug in diagnostic tests at all ?

Customer:

Yes. They said that it might be a problem with sensor. The report states that the turbine speed is faulty (intermittent) and oil pressure regulation faulty (intermittent)

Mike :

Ok - what was the actual fault code?

Mike :

It will help me to help you if you know the exact fault code...

Customer:

The actual wording is:

Customer:

Gearbox input speed sensor circuit - turbine speed faulty (intermittent) oil pressure regulation faulty (intermittent)

Customer:

I'm afraid there is no fault code on the report

Customer:

For some reason your reply came through on email and not via chat

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again...

Im afraid your comment didnt come through....

Use the REPLY button to come back to me as we are now in the Q 'A system..

Again - the code itself would be more valuable - the garage should have written it down..

Rgds, MIKE................................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid there is no number on the report.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Yes the system has switched us out of Chat as I mentioned above..

Ok, in that case, without the actual code, the sensor that is referred to is the one that you are going to need to replace..

You will need to get that from a Renault dealer parts dept.. You will need the garage to fit it - and some then need the diagnostic machine re connecting after fitment to clear the fault in the TCM ( module ) to stop the light coming on again..

So thats the way forward on this one now.. If the garage is unsure - I would recommend using either the Renault dealer for this job - or a local Auto Transmission garage....

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....
Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.
Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics