Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics
9261905

Renault: the injector light and stop light coming..faults..glow plug

HI, i have a renault traffic 57plate 2.0 dci , had problems with it cutting out around 2000 revs and then the injector light and stop light coming on and loosing all power for a second or so , then the injector light and stop light going off and all fine for a while .
taken to garage for test , faults they could find where break pedal switch , glow plug and 3 injector, the injector was the main one which all ways came up following the total lose of power . i have take to parkinsons in newark who cant get the injector out because it has seized so now it is being taken the renault main dealer at grantham who say it will need new head , seal and 4 new injectors . does this sound correct and what do you think the cost should be also do you know of a way or some where who can get seized injectors out .
regards, lee
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Mike :

Im afraid you have hit on a failry common issue - that of seized injector/ s in the head - and if they just cannot be got out in any way without damage to the head, then the only answer is a replacement head / injectors ...

Mike :

The original problem you described certainly does fit - when you get faulty injectors, even one, on these type, they lose pressure as they cant hold the pressure and the injector shuts down causing the problems you have had..

Mike :

HI there I see you have joined me..

Customer:

what sort of money do you think it would usually cost and can you recommend anywhere to take it in the newark area {ng243nz}

Mike :

Actually I know the area vaguely but I cant recommend any place specifically.. While Im in the Uk - its still a pretty big place .. What I can suggest as I often do when people ask - is to use this site HERE.. its very good to find some place for you -and you can choose yourself.. As to cost ..at present its too much of a how long is a piece of string question Im afraid - because we dont' know exactly what needs replacing - plus, garages charge differently all over th eUk - and even between garages - Its obviously going to be several hundred - but it depends on whether you go for 2nd hand items / new etc etc etc..

Mike :

Can I help you any more while we are in the Live Chat system?

Customer:

do you know of renault paying towards the repairs as it is a common fault ? ac williams at grantham have suggested that renault may pay towards there £3660 !!! quote to fit new head and 4 new injectors

Mike :

Ok - is the garage you are using a Renault dealer - if not, have you contacted a local dealer about this at all ?

Customer:

yep ac williams are renault dealer, as parkinsons {diesel specilalist} garage in newark cant get the injector out .

Customer:

ac williams have hung a carrot in front of me by saying if i get it to them to look at renault should pay towards.....

Mike :

Can I just ask, whats the mileage - and what is its service history like - ie, is it per manufacturer specs?

Customer:

full service , done 51,000 needs service at the moment , last service was 38,000 . i have only had 4months so was getting ready to service as problems started

Mike :

Ok - so its not bad at all -In that case...its certainly well worh raising this with the Renault Service manager - the vehicle is only a 57 reg - it cant be far out of its main warranty.

Mike :

Renault Uk are usually pretty good - they need then to speak with them on your behalf -

Mike :

They will assess the situation fully - and may very well offer a good will payment in these circumstances -

Mike :

whatever offer the make , it will be final - they never mess about ...so whatever percentage it may be - accept it is my advice..

Customer:

thank you for your help

Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics