Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics

Laguna: again.Now the rear pasenger doors wont unlock..sport

I also have water leaking in after headvy rainfall.Could this have caused a problem with my central locking.Previously the boot luck got stuck,then started opening again.Now the rear pasenger doors wont unlock at all.Please please help.Its a renault laguna sport tourer 2002.Many thanks.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

This could very well have caused such an issue / problem yes..

Mike :

Water / rain can get into the fuse boxes on these models and cause different electrical problems / issues - or, it can get into the actual door panels and do the same.

Mike :

It will be a case of accessing your fuse boxes and insoecting them very carefully for signs of water ingress - (and of course check the relavant fuses to see if they have blown - or just bad connections.. )

Mike :

Obviously you need to deal with what you find...but if there is no such issues - then its going to be either remove the door panels ( inners ) to gain access to the inside to check for water ingress -and again deal with as you find or have a plug in diagnostic test done at a Renault garage or other, that has suitabel plug in equipment ( that plus on the vehilces obd diagnostic socket ) to trace the fault down..

Mike :

This will find the fault/s whether its on one particualr lock / mechanism or on the control side / computer module side....

Mike :

Its then a case of which way you want to approah it - its not easy to get the inner door panel off when the door wont open - but if it comes to that, one tip is to remove the rear banch seat first ..that gives you more access..

Mike :

So those are the different causes & ways forward for you on this one to get it sorted out - - Im sorry there is not one-shot / easy solution - but I have given you the different ways that wil help you get to the bottom of this one for you...

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.

Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34 years of vehicle repair / diagnostics