350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Beng Hons Engineering degree, 20 yrs of expierience in the Auto industry half of that in F1
12772297

renault: no power (turbo not coming in) fault codes 06192.

Customer Question

Renault espace 2001 2.2 derv. no power (turbo not coming in) fault codes 06192. 06186. checked without the airfilter fitted. any ideas ? Rob.
Category: Renault
Expert:  350matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Rob

the 6192 code is a low fuel pressure

This could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured to check that the turbo is healthy

If its a variable vane turbo ( they'll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphram / solenoid valve

Also worth considering a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked

also check the connections and wiring to the fuel pressure sensor as it could be a poor connection here is putting the vehicle into limp home by generating a false fault
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about delay. This morrning no start tried easy start (thought may be air in fuel, no joy) Checked fuel pressure at fuel filter, good strong flow, no air. checked vacum pipes, all seem good. The injectors have been tested and refitted with new seals and seats. Checked cambelt timing as a precaution all good. Im begining to think e.c.u. may be the problem?

Expert:  350matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

did the car not start with easy start then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no! that fooled me as well
Expert:  350matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

in that case I'd consider doing a compression check across all cylinders 1st - see if teh base engine is healthy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I carried out compression test when the injectors were out. I got 20bar across. but i will do another test just to confirm.
Expert:  350matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

if thats OK then I'd suggest getting a fuel injection specialist to measure the main fuel pump output (sadly not a DIY job )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Here's what I have found today. Compression 22bar 21bar 21bar 20bar Lift pump 4bar Fuelpump cranking, tested at rail 300 to 370bar
Expert:  350matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

well it certainly sounds like there's enough pressure - everywhere

So I'd start checking if the ECU power is present by measuring voltage at the fusebox and on its relay socket if OK then check the connections to the crank speed sensor and consider replacing this sensor if the wiring / connections look OK