martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

Renault: fuel cap..unlocking and the car is low on fuel

Customer Question

The fuel cap on my renault modus is stuck despite unlocking and the car is low on fuel can you help me please?
Category: Renault
Expert:  martin jones replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, if you open your boot, look at the same side as your fuel flap,if i remember there is a pull ring to manually open flap, please advise, regards martin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi have opened the flap and there just seems to be wiring for the lights I would imagine I cannot see any pull ring.
Hi there look further forward than the lights, it may be hidden under the trim,please advise, regards martin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No cannot see anything

Hi there, can you access the rear of the fuel cap through the boot,please advise, there should be a solenoid with wiring there,martin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry the answer was no use to me so not willing to pay. Thanks all the same.
Hi there, in that case i will opt out and let another expert try to help, regards martin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Was not satisfied with the answer I got so do not want to pay I have since taken my cat to the garage and got it fixed at considerable expense.