Mobilemick
Mobilemick, Technician
Experience:  Mobile auto electrician over 20 yrs experience
11319957

Renault: fitting..these injectors with a cold engine the van..diesel

Customer Question

I have a 02 1500cc renault kangoo which has just had the injectors cleaned as the engine would not start. on fitting these injectors with a cold engine the van started but after going about 5 miles it cut out and would not start again until the engine was cold. recon injectors cost the earth so will this diesel treatment cure the problem and make the van run properly or will it be better to get new ones obviously I want to do it as cheaply as possible but I also want it to work reliably.
regards Derek
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mobilemick replied 3 years ago.

Michael Partington :

Did the garage code the injectors after they fitted them

Customer:

yes

Mobilemick :

Are you getting any fault codes

Customer:

garage says no 1 injector faulty also when started van runs uneaven

Mobilemick :

Did u say if it is left, the van is cold, and it starts everytime

Customer:

the injectors were put in yesterday and set up the mecanic drove it to my house about 3 miles stopped it and it wouldn't start again when he brought diag tester it said faulty no1 injector but this morning -3 degrees it started and ran quite sweetly but it seems to just cut out when the temp reaches working reading. this was this morning probably it will start alright again tomorrow.

Mobilemick :

When your mechanic comes back, ask him to put No1 injectors into No4 cylinder and see if it brings up the same code, he will have to change the coding in the ECU.

Mobilemick :

In live data when it wont start, are you getting a RPM signal from the Crank sensor

Mobilemick :

We get lots of renaults cutting out when crank sensor gets hot, once cooled down, it runs fine

Customer:

dont know I'm not even sure what you mean

Mobilemick :

few questions worth asking your mechanic,

Mobilemick :

The injectors on your engine, need coding into the ECU, if they are not coded, the van runs bad or doesnt start at all

Mobilemick :

were i nthe uk are you ?

Customer:

okay I will ask can I get back to you it may be after the weekend.

Mobilemick :

ok no problem

Mobilemick :

list to ask,

Mobilemick :

1. Have the injectors been coded into ECU, in the correct order, No1 injector is gearbox side

Customer:

list to ask whAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Mobilemick :

Can you see live data from the crank sensor when turning engine

Mobilemick :

What is the Red immobiliser light doing.. Stopping on or flashing

Mobilemick :

ok, hope to hear from you after weekend

Customer:

Hi Mick so far I havn't seen the mechanic with diagnostic gear but I am trying injector cleaner in the system and running it so far for about 7 hours until the weather clears I dont know if the van will still pack up on me ubt if I need new injectors I understand they are about £900 for four. Hopefully the cleaner will work, I understand you want paying but at this moment I cannot proceed any further, hopefully you can bear with me. Regards Derek

Mobilemick :

You can have your injectors reconditioned, cost about £30 for recon, if they are faulty, then its £90 for replacement ones.

Mobilemick :

Have you changed the fuel filter, also take a look at the rubber bleeder at side of filter, it could have a tiny hole and be sucking in air,

Customer:

Hi Mick Can you tell me where i can get the injectors reconditioned for £30 each so far I have been quoted £114 each if I have 4 Renault wants £900 for 4 this is why I am trying to clean them this from carwoods DTM are about this price and even the with the chap (injectorclean) I had to pay £85 for so called cleaning which didn't work and Parkinsons of Peterborough will not give a guarantee they say even if they recondition them They could clog up within 10 minutes. regards Derek

Mobilemick :

www.asnu.com/centers/north.htm

Mobilemick :

0161(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Mobilemick :

they are based in Bury lancashire

Customer:

Hi Mick Many thanks for the info I will be in touch with them if possible tomorrow otherwise it will have to be after xmas but what ever happens I asked for your help and you will be paid

Mobilemick :

No problem

Customer:

Hi there Mick, ref my question about injectors you gave me a phone # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhen I rang them this morning they said they didn't recon diesel injectors only petrol ones. Also it is odd that one of the other firms you gave me ie. Parkinsons in peterborough as re manufacturing injectors cheaply was one of those I had just told you wouldn't give me any guarantee and quoted me £700 for rebuilding my existing ones. what is happening? regards Derek

Mobilemick :

Sorry my mistake, it was this place i was reffering to. http://www.hi-tech-diesel.co.uk/

Customer:

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX will try them after the holiday.

Customer:

cheers

Customer:

mick

Customer:

i will try them after the holiday Regards Derek

Mobilemick :

ok,