TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Ive been talking to this girl distance for a while. flirting

Customer Question

Ive been talking to this girl long distance for a while. flirting and uplifting her. She is about 3 hours away from me.
Finally this past Christmas I made for her a Photo Album that I repanted and staid with a picture of her Father who past way. I truley showed her that I care for her.
She got me an 80 dallor gift.
After I give that to her she cried but told me that she has very recently srarting dating someone that she has known for a while.
And states that for know all we can be is friends, but she loves the courtship texting and doesnt want me to stop.
She also gave me hope that something may happen latter on.
Is she playing with me?
Does she even care about me?
What should I do? I'm very confused.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 months ago.

I think she can't have it both ways...she can't tell you that you are only friends but still desires you to court her and flirt. It comes down to whether you can remain friends with her while she is dating someone else but also maintain a boundary of friendship and not court her and flirt with her. It is all about what you can do...if you feel flirting keeps you in the running, then I support that, but protect yourself as well because there is no way to know how it will all play out.

Let me know your thoughts.

If all good for now, Please take a moment to click the rating faces. You are not charged again for doing so but without your rating I do not receive credit for my time. Thanks for understanding that. I am here if you need.