TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Well my boyfriend and I been together for 31/2 years but

Customer Question

Well my boyfriend and I been together for 31/2 years but he's still married she cheated on him several times plus she had a baby by someone else during their marriage all of this happen before me aoso when I came in thw picture thwy we're already separated so we end up getting serious but I was under the impression that they we're in the divorce process so on it's 2017 and 2 kids later it seem like he's dragging me along he shell want her he paid for the whole divorcee in 2016 but she denied it because she doesn't like me for no reason so now she's asking for alimony but she had 2 children before me ans he's paying child support for a child that isn't his she use to pick at me and it has out a strand on our relationship and this is my 1st time that I've ever involved myself with someone who's still married this will be my last, and sex with him is very boring I've tried everything romantic everything but it's hopeless he gets his and I never do so I go months and months without sex I don't cheat I don't believe in it and on top of that he proposed to me on new years of 2016 but I gave him back his ring so I need to know am I being stupid for staying with him this long I was in a 8 year relationship before this one with my oldest daughter's dad and it ended because he was cheating also he didn't want the same thing I wanted in life but I didn't want to give up on love so I met the guy I'm with now and we been together every since but I need to know do I break it off because I'm so sick of him so please help me
JA: This sounds like a can of worms I'm glad not to have to open. The Psychologist will do a great job for you. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: What should I do I've talk to him now the next !ove for me is too break it off so what do I need to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 month ago.

Hi. First and most important you are not stupid for having hope and wishing things could turn around. He hasn't given you any indication that things would be different and staying with him you also get all of his problems and issues with his (ex) wife. You need to ask yourself if this is the life you want for yourself and with someone that doesn't seem to be able to give you what you need emotionally and physically. Only you can decide whether to break it off or not, but from the outside looking in, I do not see a wonderful and mutual relationship. It seems quite messy...if you can handle all of it then great, but if you would like something less complicated and more mutual, then your answer seems clear.

How else can I support you?