Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice
94172775

Why she leave?

Customer Question

Why she leave?
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How to get over a break up?
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 6 months ago.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I am so sorry your relationship ended. I imagine you are absolutely heart broken. Obviously grief is a process that takes time and you will find yourself moving through stages of denial, anger and eventually acceptance. Depending on the length of the relationship, the amount of time this takes will vary.

Understanding your loss does not necessarily mean finding the answers for why it happened, or being able to intellectually explain away your feelings. It does not mean gaining a clinical understanding of relationships. Understanding your loss means understanding what role the loss plays in your life, and eventually being able to integrate the loss into your identity. It means reconstructing your identity, and your world,after it has been forever changed. Understanding your loss may sound as if it involves thinking a lot about what has happened in the past, but it is really more about deciding how to live your life in the future.

“Tough times don’t last – tough people do.” Repeat this to yourself as often as you need to.

From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story – a story that says,“I learned and I survived.” There are moments when troubles enter your life and you can do nothing to avoid them, but they are there for a reason. Only when you have overcome them will you understand why they were there. So be brave and press forward. You will not see the light at the end of the tunnel until you walk through the darkness.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie