Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice
94172775

In a long Long distance relationship I didnt move when had

Customer Question

In a long Long distance relationship I didnt move when had the chance, trying to get ex back
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Me and my girl was together 5 years just about..broke up its been a year now almost we still kept in contact untill recently,id go visit her 3 wknds in a month..throughout the relationship I should have loved being that she had everything laid out for us I just had to transfer my job and we continue the relationship but in meantime we broke up..now im wondering if I can get her back she wants "someone who can handle buisness"..she claims but that stems from me not have already moved & starting a life.. I just hope it's not to late ..
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Recently she brought up another guy saying they just freinds but it could possibly be something now thati have not made a move to be up there.. She is a good loyal person I do love her..but she says now if I move move for myself dont move just for her and that confuses me help me
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 7 days ago.

Good morning and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

Oh dear, I am so sorry your relationship did not work. It sounds like she was looking for something she was not seeing in you. Obviously she has moved forward in dating others.

I'm pleased you are still friendly and I believe this will be incredibly helpful in possibly moving things to the next step. I would let her know you are responsible, "taking care of business" and managing your life in an adult-like way. I get the sense she needs to see this prior to considering a relationship in the future. I would also let her know you are working on yourself and would love for her to consider dating you again. Please tread gently and respectfully. It sounds like while the two of you had a nice relationship in the past, but she may be hesitant.

Her comments about moving to her area for yourself means she does not want you to move for her as she is not thinking of a relationship with you at this time. This does not mean this can't possibly change in the future.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 2 day ago.

Good evening, I just wanted to check in as I haven't heard from you. Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can assist you with? I gently request you provide a star rating for me so I may be compensated. Of course, we can continue to talk after a rating is provided. Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Warm regards,Leslie