CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I just broke up with my ex boyfriend and my ex said to me

Customer Question

I just broke up with my ex boyfriend and my ex said to me "cos don't depends on me if that if I come back to your life as a boyfriend"? What does that mean please help
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 8 days ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

I am happy to assist. I am curious prior to beginning. Was there a typo at all in the statement that you quoted from your ex boyfriend?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Would you mind to retype it so that I fully understand the statement :)

I think that basically what he was saying to you, if I am interpreting this correctly, is that if you are calling off the relationship at this time, he wants you to know that he wont be coming back into your life with the same role that he once had. I think he doesnt want you to call him up or reach out to him if you have something that you need support with. Depending on how recent the breakup is, he may be saying this to you because he was defensive or hurt. His ego may have been hurt because you broke up with him. I think that feeing some anger from him is a normal part of the grieving process-- actually it is the second phase that many people dealing with a loss go through..... Maybe that helps. I will wait for your response :)