llw26
llw26, Counselor
Experience:  LCPC - 2015. Counseling skills.
66686948

I recently went back to the online dating scene. Long story

Customer Question

Hi, I recently went back to the online dating scene. Long story is I met a man, we talked, texted etc. Few days later we met, then I caved in to which we had wild passionate session, that evening, then again in the morning. We went for breakfast together. He then left to go back to his residence (other city). He texted me that evening saying he had a wonderful time etc. Texted me in morning again saying he was coming back to city that I live. I texted him back saying drive safe, and see him soon. I have not heard back from him since
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have checked his online profile a few times, not directly but indirectly. Where as it has shown to me that he has checked my profile a few times, sometimes 2 times a day. Now today seems he has pulled away and not going online. I confused
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How does one get passed and through these stages, of waiting it out. I would be really interested in seeing this man again. If it was just one night stand, why would he then continue to kiss and embrace me, as well text me on a wonderful time etc. To next morning texting me, now nothing
Expert:  llw26 replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help.

How long has it been since you contacted him? I would think it'd be appropriate to send him a message/call just seeing if he's interested in having another date or not.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Lindsey, my last text to him was on Nov 18, to his response when he said Good morning baby. I asked him how he was feeling, he said good. That he be in my city around 1;00. Told him I had a good sleep, he responded good to hear, that he was stuck in Calgary right now. I responded traffic heavy, are you warm. Another response after that I sent was just checking in hope all is well. Since then I have heard nothing back from him. But up until last night he was constantly checking my profile.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
He is 53, and I am 51. I feel out of respect he should be contacting me, for I did send the last message. Should I do the no contact method, would that work to get his attention back on me
Expert:  llw26 replied 16 days ago.

I would agree that out of respect he should be contacting you, especially since the last texting occurred on 11/18 - however, that's not always how things go. If you are interested in continuing the relationship - I'd drop him a message, if not... then I'd leave it where it is now (it's unfortunate... but that's how dating goes sometimes, it is a bit odd that he keeps checking your account). If you choose to wait and see if he responds, you may spend more time thinking about it. If I were in your shoes, I would send a direct message to him (or call) and ask if he's interested or not - if not like I said, cut your losses and move forward.