llw26
llw26, Counselor
Experience:  LCPC - 2015. Counseling skills.
66686948

Relationship hurdle: the house one person own the home, the

Customer Question

relationship hurdle: the house
one person own the home, the other would also like the home as well, they are not married, live in a community property state, but the person who owns the home does not want to add the other to the titleDo you feel that financial home ownership should be a very contentious issue for a committed, loving relationship?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  llw26 replied 16 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I hope I can help.

Expert:  llw26 replied 16 days ago.

What is the reasoning for the individual to not want their partner as co-owner? Do you believe this is a make it or break it for the relationship?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The person feels it is a stability issue. The feeling of being stable without knowing if the relationship will eventually end up in marriage. Yes, it is a make it or break it moment. Will the two decide to live together in this arrangement, or end the 5-year relationship.
Expert:  llw26 replied 14 days ago.
well 5 years is a lengthy time and I would think would show the person that there's been a lengthy period of stability - unless the relationship has been on and off for those 5 years, in which case - I would say the individuals need to determine if they're in it for the long haul or not. Do both want to get married at some point?