Dr. ARUN PHOPHALIA
Dr. ARUN PHOPHALIA, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS
5625079

I've been having an affair with a married man for about 6

Customer Question

I've been having an affair with a married man for about 6 months now. And recently just found out that I'm pregnant by him. I told him I was pregnant and he told me that he already has three children and he does want anymore and he doesn't want his wife to know he has another child on the way. My intention was to never breakup his family. But deep down I want this child. What should I do?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I do have one child, a teenager daughter and I do think about her feelings as well. I'm 45 years old and i know there are risk of having a child at my age. He did say he would help me get abortion not sure if I really want that. Please help.
Expert:  Dr. ARUN PHOPHALIA replied 22 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

My recommendations would be winning of brain over the heart. As a doctor and as a counselor, my recommendations would be to get an abortion for following reasons (all of which you already understand);

1) Pregnancy in this age can be risky for you as well as baby.

2) You may not be able to take so good care of baby, as you were able to take 10-15 years ago.

3) Both of your families may have emotional and social difficulties, and adjustment problems.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. ARUN PHOPHALIA replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.