Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

Lol. I have an odd question, Ok, I am a single guy. I am 31.

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Lol. I have an odd question
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I am a single guy. I am 31. I have dated a few woman but I am finding that I am attracted to younger girls. I think the reason is also that I am a music writer and generally feel younger. So there is this girl at the supermarket that I see regularly. She makes contact with me from afar and we have spoken a few times. Today she mentioned she was at school and work and she started galking about her sister. I am not sure what to take of this but my guess is that she is 18. What does a guy do in this situation.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually it is natural for older men to be attracted towards younger women. This is something which is present in almost every male. Most males are attracted to women who are their junior by 10 - 12 years. The human psyche is built in a way that we are wired towards being attracted to younger, smarter and more fertile women. Now the most important thing is that while it is natural to be attracted towards younger women, being attracted towards extremely young women (under the age of 18) is not normal. If that happens in any person than that be considered as a sexual disorder. If a person is attracted towards very young women, then they would need to be treated with extensive psychotherapy as well as medictaion to control the urges which they may have.

Now in your case you are attracted towards an 18 year old who is younger than you by quite some years, while it is natural and there is nothing wrong with being attracted towards her, i would advise that you give it some time. In most cases this can turn out to be simple attraction which is temporary in nature and may fade with time. The best thing to do here would be to adopt a wait and watch approach, give it 2-3 weeks and see if your feelings stay the same. At the same time you can judge whether the other person is interested or not. Do remember if you decide to pursue a relationship with this person, there is a social stigma attached to dating someone so young which you may have to face. If however she is younger than 18, step back and avoid her at all costs. Also i would advise that you seek a relationship with someone a little older, atleast above the age of 21. Once you start to date someone so young, you will find that they are not comptabile with you mentally or intellectually. These women are at a stage in their life where strong lasting relationships are not usually formed. So it is better to seek a relationship with someone above the age of 21 who is likely to be equal to your mental age.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/