Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Experience:  Owner and Psychotherapist at Self-Employed, Private Practice

I have a question on how to fix what was said during a

Hi, I have a question on how to fix what was said during a heated argument. I asked for forgiveness but he said he doesn't know what he wants to do at this time.
Should I give space and let time tell -- or is there a magic line that is used? Please advise
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

Oh dear, sweet soul, we have all been in your position before and it certainly is a horrible one. I am so sorry you got angry and said things you now want to take back. As you sadly know, words can be extremely powerful and dangerous...destroying even the closest of relationships. I wish there was a magic line you could use that could make everything better but sadly there is not. The one thing that will absolutely be helpful for you in this relationship and others is learning how to fight fairly. In other words, learning your own patterns of anger and knowing when to walk away and collect your thoughts. Perhaps you might say something like this...

"Again, I cannot apologize enough for the horrible things said during our argument the other evening. I love you dearly and truly do not feel that way but in the heat of the moment, I lashed out inappropriately. I have examined my own behavior and realized the error in it so that moving forward we can disagree and still remain respectful of each others differences."

Does this feel comfortable for you?

I just notice you requested a phone call and while I would love to speak with you, I am currently waiting for my next client to arrive (I am at my private practice at the moment) and he should be here momentarily. My apologies. I hope my answer provided some direction.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I feel horrible - I said he was like fools gold. :(. Which I meant how I felt at the moment. How I was let down by his anger towards me after asking a question if he was still on a dating site. He got angry and assumed I was jealous ..
So now this started a very unnecessary argument and our friendship is In jeopardy becaause of the question I asked him
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I expressd my sincere apology but he's still so angry - he feels this is how I really feel - this couldn't be further from the truth.
I really got my self in a pickle with this comment - I need to bite my tongue!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Should I just let it be for a while?

Oh dear, I am so sorry. I understand your frustration with yourself. I would give him a few days to calm down a little bit and then offer another heart-felt apology. Tell him you see him as an authentic, kind and loving person who you never meant to be mean to. Hopefully he will be willing to forgive and the relationship can be rekindled.

I truly believe time will be your best friend in this situation. He may need a little time to cool down and will then hopefully be more open to conversation.

Thank you so much for your rating. Please know I am here if there is anything at all you are in need of.

Warm regards,

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He still won't talk to me... Guess I blew it

Oh dear, I am so sorry. It still hasn't been all that long. His heart may soften in time.

Customer: replied 15 hours ago.
Can u do me a favor and have the company stop the emails
Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 15 hours ago.
I'm all set with asking questions