TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Context: I am the wife that filed the DVPO and Divorce

Customer Question

I am the wife that filed the DVPO and Divorce petitions. The court has issued the Restraining Order for my husband based on the DVPO. The divorce that has been accepted by my husband, is yet to begin any further.
While both I & my husband are waiting on our Green Card, I am his legal sponsor. My Immigration is based on my employment and my husband’s is based on family. However, he has been working, in the last 2 weeks, he lost his job and went back to India. Although he has intentions to come back, I guess his fear on the DVPO is holding him back.Meanwhile he was allowed for skype and email with our 6 year old daughter. He did not abuse her, but she had been witness all that was happening back home.Now, in the first skype he was talking to her, he was more emotional, and was telling her that she is the only for her, and when she turns 18, if she thinks, she can sponsor for him and bring him here. In his next email to her the below is what he wrote“
My Seattle coming is becoming impossible , as things are possible only in india direction for 3 reasons.1. I have a DVPO ( Domestic violence case ) in my record ,and immigrant officer won't allow me inside Seattle airport anymore / deport me to go back to India immediately. ( as told my immigrant attorney - Katrina)2. I have LOST my US job. In case I apply for new US job , my background check will fail for Domestic violence. Hence I won't get a new US job ( as told by my immigrant attorney - Katrina & Divorce attorney -Jon Hansen).3. With an existing Domestic violence , in case of any future car accident etc in US , Police can arrest me.* I have only one option ..that is to leave US , Get the divorce in a month as your mother needed; and I need to start a new life is the only way .* I have lost 6 pieces - my job , my visa , my daughter- ishani , a wife , my US house, my US car , my money etc.I have fallen down previously 2 times ( 1997 , 2000 - my career came to 0 and started a new career) ; and have got up and run more successfully.I think this time also I have just got up in last 5 days and will succeed even more.* You are always in my mind . You will be my daughter always .* It is unfortunate / bad thing that I will be missing you ( Ishani ).
“Now, here are my three questions in scope with
1. I only want to know what will happen to our 6 year old, psychologically if she is exposed to such Kalliappan's inappropriate e mails.
2. Could you recommend of any good parenting class in the Bothell (98021) area
3. What can we ask for the visitation from her dad, if he is here, and if he is in India
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  LegalGems replied 7 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 7 days ago.

Did you still need assistance on the above?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
hiCustomer I am afraid the question is now obsolete. I did book for a counseling and went there. Also booked for a few Therapies, to help. Thank you for your response! I would save your assistance for the future needs.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 5 days ago.

Great; I responded as soon as the question came to my queue, I'm not sure why there was a delay in the system. Should you need any legal information in the future, I will do my best to get you that information.

Good luck and take care.