TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I have been married for twenty five years where I married a

Customer Question

I have been married for twenty five years where I married a woman with three small children. They are adults now and were raised in a great home. My wife has said to me that any man could have done what I did for her and her kids; I resent that and have been in a declining mental state because of it. I feel like I was used and really not loved or appreciated. A few months ago, she told me that she doesn't care what happens to my son (from a previous relationship and also an adult) and my grandson (only three years old). I am in a place now where life does not mean the same.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry that she has said all of those things....Is she harboring some anger toward you and using these words as a weapon? I think you know in your heart that you have done a fine job raising the kids...your kids, because that is what they are and I do not share the view that any man could have done what you have. I would go to her and speak with her and ask why she has those feelings and how you can come back together and work on the deeper feelings and reconnect.