TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I'm creating fights with my husband because of jealousy and

Customer Question

I'm creating fights with my husband because of jealousy and trying to tell him my feelings when there's no validity to it because he comes home to me every night. I just keep worrying and afraid he will leave me again like in the past. We are both stubborn. How do I get over my feelings and let go of the past?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Therapist Leslie replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, Kelly, and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

Please be gentle with yourself, sweet friend, as it sounds like there is some validity to your feelings. Yes, he has consistently come home every night now but it sounds like this wasn't always the case. You mentioned he left in the past and I imagine this is your greatest fear...that he will leave you once again. Your feelings of abandonment have been triggered and you respond from a place of anxiety.

Can you please explain a littler bit more about your history with him so I can better understand your situation? I will then be able to give you a more thorough response.... How long ago did he leave? How long did he leave for? Obviously the two of you found your way back to each other....which is wonderful but how long has it been?

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie