CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I have a friend in Canada she came to visit my best friend

Customer Question

I have a friend in Canada she came to visit my best friend and I sometime in July and she just told me the whole week she was here she had sex with my friend but my friend is currently with his girlfriend for 2 years, I don't know whether to believe her or not, she made promise not to say anything because she doesn't want him to be mad but I dont know if I should believe her, I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

Thank you for your question. That does sound like a complicated situation. It sounds like you are concerned that your friend was involved in deceit on her part, but also that your other friend was involved in deception by possibly cheating on his girlfriend. Maybe tell me a bit more about the dilemma that you feel that you are facing? Do you feel that if this is true, you should mention it to your friend that had cheated on his girlfriend? or are you feeling that you owe someone an explanation about anything. Some of the information sounds like "hearsay" and it may be a situation where you have to go to the parties, if you feel that you have some involvement, and ask specifically if this is true? Otherwise, I would establish a boundary and choose not to get involved in "drama" that is not mine to deal with? Please give further details so that I can support you fully :)

Just wanted to follow up with you. I hope that you were able to read the response given. I wasn't sure if you needed further information or not :) If you found it to be helpful please provide a positive rating, 3 stars or better, or ask further questions so that I can fully support you. A rating is the only way that experts receive credit for time and information. The rating does not mean that communication has to cease. I can provide further answers or additional resources if necessary. Best wishes, Jules